1 April - 30 September 2013 (6 months)
- Net sales rose by 15 percent to SEK 2,909 million (2,525).
- Operating profit increased by 15 percent to SEK 254 million (220) and the operating margin amounted to 8.7 percent (8.7).
- Profit after financial items rose by 14 percent to SEK 241 million (211) and profit after tax increased by 20 percent to SEK 183 million (153).
- Earnings per share (EPS) totalled SEK 8.15 (6.95). For the latest 12-month-period, EPS amounted to SEK 15.80 (14.55).
- Cash flow from operations reached SEK 174 million (89). For the latest 12-month-period, cash flow per share was SEK 19.35 (19.15).
- Return on equity was 32 percent (34) and the equity ratio was 36 percent (34).
- Since the start of the financial year three acquisitions made by the Group came into force and adds annual sales of approximately SEK 180 million.
1 July - 30 September 2013 (3 months)
- During the second quarter, net sales rose by 18 percent to SEK 1,409 million (1,189).
- Operating profit rose by 27 percent to SEK 121 million (95) and operating margin amounted to 8.6 percent (8.0).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.95 (3.10) during the quarter.
Net sales in the Addtech Group rose by 15 percent during the first six months to SEK 2,909 million (2,525). For comparable units, growth was 2 percent and acquired growth totalled 14 percent. Exchange rate changes had an adverse effect of 1 percent of net sales, corresponding to SEK 23 million, and an adverse effect of 1 percent on operating profit, corresponding to SEK 2 million.
Net sales in the second quarter increased by 18 percent to SEK 1,409 million (1,189). For comparable units, growth was 4 percent and acquired growth totalled 14 percent. Changes in exchange rates had a positive effect of SEK 5 million on net sales and a positive effect of SEK 1 million on operating profit.
During the start of the financial year, the business climate for the Group was stable on the whole, but the market was fragmented in terms of geography, customer segments and product segments. Also in the second quarter this market situation led to good demand in parts of our operations, while other parts continued to experience tougher business conditions. Demand for production components from Nordic manufacturing companies was hesitant, which above all affected the Components and Industrial Solutions business areas. In the Life Science and Energy business areas demand from, among others, Nordic healthcare and customers in the energy segment, developed well.
For the Group as a whole, a drop in demand mostly affected operations in Denmark and Finland, while the Group's Swedish operations, from an overall perspective, experienced a somewhat more stable business climate. In general, the Group's companies that operate in Norway and in markets outside the Nordics had good market conditions during the period. Growth in sales and profit in the Group, during the period and in the second quarter, is attributable to organic growth, implemented acquisitions and the fact that the selective cost adjustments that are being implemented had a positive impact on profit.
Three acquisitions by the Group took effect during the period, adding annual sales of about SEK 180 million on an annual basis. In addition, the Group announced an acquisition with annual sales of a further SEK 65 million; the acquisition took effect on 1 October.
During the interim period, operating profit increased by 15 percent to SEK 254 million (220) and the operating margin reached 8.7 percent (8.7). The operating margin before amortisation of intangible non-current assets equalled 10.1 percent (9.9). Net financial items were SEK -13 million (-9) and profit after financial items increased by 14 percent to SEK 241 million (211).
During the second quarter, operating profit rose by 27 percent to SEK 121 million (95), and profit after financial items to SEK 117 million (93). In the second quarter restructuring in the Group entailed a one-off write-down of intangible non-current assets of SEK 4 million.
Profit after tax for the interim period increased by 20 percent to SEK 183 million (153) and EPS rose to SEK 8.15 (6.95). The effective tax rate was 24 percent (27).