1 April - 30 June 2013 (3 months)
- Net sales rose by 12 percent to SEK 1,500 million (1,336).
- Operating profit increased by 6
percent to SEK 133 million (125) and the operating margin
8.9 percent (9.4).
- Profit after financial items
increased by 5 percent to SEK 124 million (118) and profit after
tax was up
8 percent at SEK 93 million (86).
- Earnings per share (EPS) totalled SEK 4.20 (3.90). For the latest 12-month-period, EPS amounted to SEK 14.95 (15.10).
- Cash flow from operations reached SEK 74 million (44). For the latest 12-month-period, cash flow per share was SEK 16.90 (19.80).
- Return on equity was 30 percent (34) and the equity ratio was 38 percent (39).
- Since the start of the financial year one acquisitions made by the Group came into force and adds annual sales of approximately SEK 150 million.
Net sales in the Addtech Group rose by 12 percent during the first quarter to SEK 1,500 million (1,336). For comparable units, the growth was 0 percent and acquired growth totalled 14 percent. Changes in exchange rates adversely affected net sales by 2 percent, corresponding to SEK 28 million, and operating profit was also adversely affected by 2 percent, equivalent to SEK 3 million.
During the first quarter the business climate was relatively stable overall, but the fragmented market situation prevails, in which parts of our operations are doing well, while others are experiencing tougher market conditions. Demand for production components from Nordic manufacturing companies in, above all, the vehicle and engineering industries remained hesitant during the first quarter, which mainly affects our Components and Industrial Solutions business areas. Market conditions for the Energy business area remained good, and we saw increased demand in the Life Science business area. Overall, the Group's sales for comparable units were at the same level as during the relatively strong first quarter of the previous year. The Group's growth in sales and profit is thanks to the acquisitions implemented, combined with a positive effect from the selective cost adjustments that were initiated during the previous financial year. During first quarter one acquisitions made by the Group came into force and adds annual sales of approximately SEK 150 million. After the end of the interim period, a smaller acquisition also took effect, adding sales of approximately SEK 15 million.
During the interim period, operating profit climbed by 6 percent to SEK 133 million (125) and the operating margin reached 8.9 percent (9.4). The operating margin before amortisation of intangible non-current assets equalled 10.1 percent (10.4). Net financial items were SEK -9 million (-7) and profit after financial items increased by 5 percent to SEK 124 million (118). Profit after tax for the interim period rose by 8 percent to SEK 93 million (86) and EPS rose to SEK 4.20 (3.90). The effective tax rate was 25 percent (27).